Training on Project Management
Training on Project Management
About the course
Project management helps to effectively deliver quality projects within the cost, time and scope constraints. This course equips the participant with the skills to ensure their projects are completed on time and on budget and according to expectations. The participant will gain a strong working knowledge of project management and be able to immediately use that knowledge to effectively manage projects.
This course is strongly recommended for persons performing project management tasks, those that want to increase their project management skills, apply a formalized and standards-based approach to project management
What you will learn
By the end of the course you will be able to:
- Initiate a project.
- Develop project schedules
- Develop cost estimates, and budgets.
- Plan project quality, staffing, and communications.
- Analyze project risks.
- Plan and manage project procurement.
- Monitor and control project work.
- Monitor and control project schedule and costs.
- Monitor and control project quality, staffing, and communications.
- Monitor and control project risks and contracts.
- Close a project successfully.
Fundamentals of project management
- Components of Project Management
- Functions of a Project Manager
- The Art and Science of Project Management
- The Triple Constraints in Project Management
- The project Lifecycle
Project Identification and Design
- Stakeholder Analysis
- Problem Analysis; Problem tree
- Objectives Analysis; Objectives tree
- Strategy Analysis
- Design of Project Intervention Logic using Logical Framework
Project Set Up
- Project Governance Structure
- Project Charter
- Project Launch
- Developing Project Management Plan
- Project Plan vs Project Proposal
- Principles of Project Planning
Project Scope Management
- What is Project Scope?
- Project and Product scope
- Use of Work Breakdown Structure in Scope definition
- Scope Creep
Project Time Management
- Activity Definition and Sequencing
- Activity Duration Estimating
- Activity Resource Estimation
- Schedule Development
- Optimizing schedule
- Schedule Control
Project Resources Management
- Why is managing resources important?
- Managing Project Finances; Budgeting, Cost Estimation, Cost baseline, Monitoring Budgets and Expenditures
- Project Earned Value Analysis
- Managing the Supply Chain
- Human Resources Management
Project Risk Management
- Examine a Risk Management Plan
- Identify Project Risks and Triggers
- Perform Qualitative Risk Analysis
- Perform Quantitative Risk Analysis
- Develop a Risk Response Plan
Planning Project Procurement
- Plan Project Procurements
- Prepare a Procurement Statement of Work
- Prepare a Procurement Document
- Identifying the Direct and Manage Project Execution Process
- Managing Issues
- Managing project team
- Manage Stakeholder Relationships and Expectations
- Managing Internal Controls
Project Monitoring, Evaluation and Control
- Monitoring and Evaluation activities in Project Lifecycle
- Project M&E Plan
- Project Evaluation Approaches
- Project Control
- End of Project Evaluation
- Administrative, Financial and Contractual Closure
- End of Project Learning
- Stakeholders closure meeting
Use of Microsoft Project in Project Management
- Basics of MS Project
- Creating tasks
- Allocating durations to tasks
- Advanced task scheduling
- Creating a resource pool and allocating resources to tasks
- Tracking Project Progress
- Customizing views
- Tracking costs
- Reports views
This course is delivered by our seasoned trainers who have vast experience as expert professionals in the respective fields of practice. The course is taught through a mix of practical activities, theory, group works and case studies.
Training manuals and additional reference materials are provided to the participants.
Upon successful completion of this course, participants will be issued with a certificate.
We can also do this as a tailor-made course to meet organization-wide training needs. A training needs assessment will be done on the training participants to collect data on the existing skills, knowledge gaps, training expectations, and tailor-made needs. Contact us to find out more firstname.lastname@example.org
The training fee covers training fees, learning materials, and training venue.
Payment should be sent to our bank account before start of training and proof of payment sent to email@example.com