About the course
The information provided in this course will give you the required knowledge and techniques to successfully become a Tomato farmer. At the end of this course, you will understand the fundamental aspects of tomato production in a greenhouse environment and will be ready to grow or improve your farm.
- An existing farmer who wants to improve their tomato farm and make more profits.
- A soon-to-be tomato farmer who wants to get things done right the first time.
- You are dreaming of becoming a tomato farmer and want to learn as much as you can before taking the leap.
What you will learn
By the end of this course the participants will be able to:
- Learn about proper growing regions, farm setup and seed selection.
- Understand proper nursery setup and management to ensure maximum germination.
- Learn about the various development stages (transplanting to harvest), crop care and proper management practices to ensure maximum output.
- Understand the economics and cash needs of the business and how to prepare to source a reliable market.
- Advantages of greenhouse production
- Site and seed selection
- Water and drip irrigation
Green House Construction
- Green House Construction PART 1
- Green House Construction PART 2
- Seed Bed Preparation
- Air circulation in a greenhouse
- Nursery bed preparation
- Soil treatment
Growing Stages for Green House Tomatoes
- Starting Stage
- Vegetative Stage PART 1
- Vegetative Stage PART 2
- Flower and Fruiting PART 1
- Flower and Fruiting PART 2
Harvesting, Maturity and Economics
- Harvesting Stage
- Maturity Stage
- Economics Of Production
This course is delivered by our seasoned trainers who have vast experience as expert professionals in the respective fields of practice. The course is taught through a mix of practical activities, theory, group works and case studies. Training manuals and additional reference materials are provided to the participants.
Upon successful completion of this course, participants will be issued with a certificate.
We can also do this as a tailor-made course to meet organization-wide needs. Contact us to find out more email@example.com
The training fee covers training fees, learning materials, and training venue.
Payment should be sent to our bank account before start of training and proof of payment sent to firstname.lastname@example.org