About the course
The onion crop has become an essential plant in contemporary society. Onion is included in almost all food cooked in most households in society. The result has put the crop in demand throughout the year. In addition, new varieties and improvements have been made over the years to improve various aspects of the crop. As a result, onion demand is there all year round, though the prices fluctuate following the forces of demand and supply in the market.
- You are dreaming of having an onion farm but don’t know where to start.
- You are a soon-to-be onion farmer who wants to get things done right the first time.
- You are an existing onion farmer who wants to improve and make more money.
What you will learn
By the end of this course the participants will be able to:
- Learn about proper growing regions, farm set-up and seed selection
- Learn about the various development stages (transplanting to harvest), crop care and proper management practices to ensure maximum output.
- Understand proper nursery set-up and management to ensure maximum germination.
- Understand the economics and cash needs of the business and how to prepare to source a reliable market
- Introduction to bulb onion farming
- Nursery Establishment PART 1
- Nursery Establishment PART 2
- Watering and Land Preparatio
- Transplanting PART 1
- Transplanting PART 2
- Starting Stage
- Vegetative Stage
- Bulb Initiation PART 1
- Bulb Initiation PART 2
Bulb development and maturity
- Bulb Development
- Bulb Maturity
- Curing onions
- Harvesting onions
- Finding Market
- Crop Rotation
- Farmer Interview
This course is delivered by our seasoned trainers who have vast experience as expert professionals in the respective fields of practice. The course is taught through a mix of practical activities, theory, group works and case studies.
Training manuals and additional reference materials are provided to the participants.
Upon successful completion of this course, participants will be issued with a certificate.
We can also do this as a tailor-made course to meet organization-wide needs. Contact us to find out more firstname.lastname@example.org
The training fee covers training fees, learning materials, and training venue.
Payment should be sent to our bank account before start of training and proof of payment sent to email@example.com